Friday, August 22, 2014

Claude Bouchard and Noelle Toushard

Claude Bouchard dit Le Petit (1626 - 1699)
8th great grandfather of wife
daughter of Claude Bouchard dit Le Petit
son of Genevieve Bouchard
daughter of Antoine Tremblay
daughter of Marie Marguerite Tremblay
daughter of Marguerite Laforest dit Labranche
son of Cecile Arcouet
daughter of Alexandre Desjarlais
child of Théotiste Desjarlais
daughter of Achille Ovila Gervais
daughter of Gladys Gervais

Taken from:

"Le Petit" Claude

Claude Bouchard, son of Jacques Bouchard and Noelle Touschard, was born in Saint-Cosme-de-Vair, France, in 1626. Saint-Cosme-de-Vair was a community in the Department of the Sarthe, in Perche, and comprised seven parishes. Claude considered himself to be from the parish of Notre-Dame. He died on November 25, 1699 at the age of 73.

There were actually 6 or 7 different Bouchards who came to Canada (New France) in the seventeenth century. Two of them were named "Claude" Bouchard. One of these was a doctor (a surgeon) who came from Picardy.

In order to differentiate the two the doctor was referred to as "Claude dit d'Orval" and the other as "Le Petit Claude". This latter listed his occupation as tailor (un Taileur d'habits). His surname, which means "The Small Claude", must have been because he was of smaller stature than the other Claude. This nickname, however, certainly was not merited when it came to his progeny, having 12 children of his own (6 boys and 6 girls) as a result of his union with Louise Gagne, whom he married in Beaupre in 1654. Fortunate indeed that he had 12 children, as my ancestor was the twelfth child in the family.

His coming to New France

In order to understand the occasion of Claude's coming to New France (Canada) one needs to have at least a brief understanding of the colony and how the powers in France at the time (Louis XIII and Louis XIV, along with the latter's Minister for the colonies Jean Baptiste Colbert) went about the business of colonizing the new land.

From the beginning of the colony it was intended that the social order in New France should rest upon a seignorial basis. This was a system of land tenure, a method of apportioning land and bringing it into production while avoiding the evils of speculation. Title to all the land in the colony rested in the king, who would grant concessions to seigneurs on the condition that they get their land cleared and made productive. This required, as part of their grant agreement with the crown, that the seigneurs enlist and establish settlers on their lands, as well as build a mill for the settlers' use, and also maintain a court of law to settle minor disputes.

A seigneur was not a landlord as we understand that term today. He had obligations and responsibilities both to the crown and to his settlers, and the authorities saw to it that he fulfilled them. The same applied to the settlers. The seigneur was actually little more than a land settlement agent and his financial rewards were not great. Being a seigneur was still something to be eagerly sought after since it gave one greatly enhanced social status, and this was manifested in a variety of ways.

For their part these settlers, or "censitaires" as they were known (although "habitants" is what they preferred to call themselves), were required to clear the lands granted them by the seigneurs, and were also obligated to pay modest dues (rents) in return. There were other modest requirements imposed on the settlers in return for the land concessions, which could be revoked if one did not fulfill his obligations. A settler could eventually own his concession to the point where he could even sell it, although if he sold it to anyone other than a direct heir he had to pay 1/12 of the sale price to the seigneur, and the latter also then had the right to buy the land at the price offered by the would-be purchaser within forty days of the sale. When land was sold, what the seller received was, in essence, not the worth of the land but compensation for the improvements he had made on it. This acted as a curb on land speculation.

One of the first seigneurs who fulfilled his trust to the letter was a named Robert Giffard. Monsieur Giffard, a doctor who had come to New France in 1627, was able to recruit several settlers beginning in 1632 (30 to 40 persons in 1632, and approximately the same number in 1635). Between 1635 and 1663 he was able to recruit an additional 50 or so persons, and this is where our Claude comes into the picture.

Claude Bouchard, a tailor, born in 1626, was from the Province of the Maine, a native of Saint-Cosme-de-Vair. As I understand it this place was actually in Perche, an area administered by the Province of the Maine at the time. His father was Jacques Bouchard and his mother was named Noelle Touschard. We know nothing of his youth except that he was a member of Notre Dame Parish in his home town. We do know that he made a living as a tailor (un Taileur d'habits).

We find Claude, in March of 1650, present at the White Horse Inn (Hotel du Cheval Blanc), situated on the road leading to Rouperoux, attending a conference being given by Monsieur Giffard who was looking for volunteers to emigrate to New France. Claude, and a friend named Julien Fortin, volunteered to go. They put their affairs in order and sometime after embarked for New France. It is recorded in a certain Jesuit journal that Monsieur Giffard's vessel arrived on the 14th of July, but does not give the year. It may have been 1650, but then some believe it was 1652. In any event, a sizeable group of Bouchards were present at the White Horse Inn, in Saint-Cosme-de-Vair in 1952, to unveil a plaque commemorating the 300th anniversary of the departure of their ancestor Claude Bouchard for New France.

I nonetheless accept as fact that Claude arrived in New France on July 14, 1650, because of other dates one comes accross in the telling of his story.

Upon arriving, Claude and his friend Julien went to the seigneury de Beauport (situated between where Quebec stands today and the Mount Morency Falls to the north) to secure food and lodging. It appears that Claude had come with some funds of his own (being his father's heir as well as an accomplished tailor) and had come to New France not as an indentured servant but rather under the protection of Monsieur Giffard with some freedom to travel, which he did. We next find him, on October 26, 1650, in the office of Oliver Letardif, agent for the seigneurie de Beaupre, for the purpose of buying a tract of land with one fifth of a mile fronting on the river and about five miles deep into the interior. This tract was located about three miles northeast of where the church of Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre stands today. Three years later, on October 1, 1653, Claude wanted to sell this tract to a Louis Guimond, but the sale was not approved (as it had to be, by the royal charter company) until October 1, 1657, for which he received 600 livres, a fair sum in its day, which amounted to approximately $1,200 in 1968 Canadian currency.

His Wife, Louise Gasnier, born on January 21, 1642 in S Martin d'Inge, Orne, France, was not yet a teen-ager when, on October 30, 1653, at the home of her parents, a Notary by the name of Aubert read a contract of marriage between Claude Bouchard and Louise, a minor. Louise was born in the region of Perche in France, the eldest daughter of Louis Gasnier and Marie Michel. Perche was a region located in the general area between Chartres and Alencon, some 50 to 75 miles west-southwest of Paris. The church nuptial blessing of Claude and Louise was delayed until May 25, 1654, taking place at the home of her parents who were then living in Quebecville. The blessing was given by Father Paul Ragueneau, a Jesuit priest who had come over from France in 1636 with other missionaries (including Isaac Joques who died a martyr at the hands of the Iroquois on October 18, 1646).Claude and Louise first settled at Sainte-Anne de Beaupre, living near her parents. On July 30, 1657, Claude signed a 6-year lease on some land at Saint-Charles of Cap Tourmente, in the Seigneurie de Beaupre just north-east of Sainte-Anne. Claude and Louise moved there, and it was while they were living there that their first child, a daughter named Marie, was born on October 27, 1659 when Louise was 17.

In October of 1661 Claude and Louise are forced to leave the area in haste and abandon their farm because of Iroquois incursions on their land. The Iroquois (mostly bands of Mohawks and Oneidas) had been terrorizing the region since June of that year. The family takes refuge at Chateau Richer, below Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupre, and does not return to the farm for several years. Their next four children are born at the Chateau. Louise's father disappears very mysteriously one day, probably abducted by savages.
Claude and Louise eventually returned to the Cap Tourmente area after the Iroquois problems had subsided following the arrival of a regiment of regular soldiers from France. Claude is listed in the census of 1666 as having a wife and four children living at Cap Tourmente, with the widow Gasnier (Louise's mother) and her children living nearby. The following year the census taker noted that Claude Bouchard owned 7 head of livestock and had 8 arpents of land under cultivation (one arpent being approximately equal to five-sixths of an acre).

We next find Claude, in 1675, anxious to again make a move. He sells some land and obtains 12 arpents of frontage land at Petite Riviere. He then obtains additional land in 1676 in the same area. Furthermore, Claude is commissioned by the Lord Bishop to explore an area called Saint-Aubin which was in the domain of Baie Saint-Paul. He then lived in the Baie Saint-Paul area for a while. It appears that he finally settled his family in the area of Petite Riviere at a place called Cap a Maillard.

Claude and Louise had 12 children, six boys and six girls. The baptisms of Rosalie, Claude Junior, and Louis are all recorded at Saint-Anne-de-Beaupre, which attests to the fact that the family, during the period of 1676-1680, lived somewhere in the area of the Seigneurie de Beaupre. One thing for certain is that Antoine, my ancestor, was baptized at Baie Saint-Paul by Father Louis Soumande on October 25, 1682.
Of the six boys which Claude and Louise had, only three survived into adulthood (Jacques died in a drowning accident at age 18, with Gilles and Claude Junior having died in infancy). The three who survived, Francois, Louis and Antoine, are the ones who gave us many descendants, the three having had eighteen, five, and eleven children respectively. Before his death, Claude, wanting to make a distribution to his children, on October 19, 1698, passed to his surviving sons ten arpents each of land fronting on the river. Louise, in March of 1700, deeded some prairie land to each of her sons in law, Rene Lavoye, Michel Tremblay, and Etienne Simard. Louise outlived her husband by some 22 years. She was 79 at the time of her death in April of 1721.

Their Children
1.    Marie
Born: October 27, 1659 in Quebec
Died: April 29, 1739
Marie became a nun, entering the Congregation of Notre Dame at Montreal where she took the name of Sister Saint Paul, taking her vows on August 5, 1698.
2.    Jacques
Born: September, 1662 in Chateau Richer
Died: December 12, 1680 at Chateau Richer
Jacques died in a drowning accident at Chateau Richer at age 18
3.    Gilles
Born: March 8, 1664 in Chateau Richer
Died: March 22, 1664 at Petit Cap
Died in infancy
4.    Marguerite
Born: October 15, 1665 at Chateau Richer
Died: April 6, 1731 at Baie S Paul
Marguerite married twice, first to Rene de Lavoye at Saint Anne de Beaupre on November 4, 1683, and then (date unknown) to Jean Gagnon. It is recorded that Marguerite and Rene had ten children
5.    Louise
Born: 1668 at Chateau Richer
Died: December 8, 1696 at Petite Riviere
6.    Anne
Born: February 20, 1670 at Cap Tourmente
Died: April 8, 1731 at Chateau Richer
Anne married Louis Jobidon at L'Ange Gardien on November 20, 1690
They had five children
7.    Genevieve
Born: April 25, 1672 at S Anne de Beaupre
Died: March 23, 1754 at Petite Riviere
Genevieve married Michel Tremblay at Baie S Paul on June 20, 1686
They had fourteen children
8.    Francois
Born: April 8, 1674 at Cap Tourmente
Died: October 12, 1756 at Petite Riviere
Francois married Marguerite Simard, sister of Madeleine Simard (married to Antoine) at Baie S Paul on June 15, 1699. It is recorded that Francois and Marguerite had eighteen children of their own.
9.    Rosalie
Born: April 6, 1676 at S Anne de Beaupre
Died: June 23, 1733 at Baie S Paul
Rosalie married Etienne Simard at Baie S Paul on November 22, 1695. Etienne was the brother of both Madeleine (married to Antoine) and Marguerite (married to Francois). Rosalie and Etienne had eleven children
10.   Claude
Born: October 14, 1678 at S Anne de Beaupre
Died: October 28, 1678 at S Anne de Beaupre
Died in infancy
11.   Louis
Born: April12, 1680 at S Anne de Beaupre
Died: November 17, 1727 at Montreal
Louis married twice, first to Suzanne Lefebvre on February 25, 1715 at Laprairie, and next to Francoise Dania-Daigneau on December 2, 1724, also at Laprairie. Louis and Suzanne had five children
12.    Antoine----2nd Generation
Born: October 15, 1682 at Petite Riviere
Died: June 24, 1759 at Baie S Paul

Antoine married Madeleine Simard (sister of Marguerite and also of Etienne) on November 20, 1704 at Baie S Paul. Antoine and Madeleine had eleven children. Antoine died while hiding in the woods in the area of Baie Saint-Paul where he and other neighbours had taken refuge to avoid the passage of the troops of the english General Wolfe who was conducting a terror campaign up and down the river in the hope of drawing out the french General Montcalm's troops out of their fortifications in Quebec. The tactic failed, but Wolfe was nonetheless successful the following September in defeating Montcalm on the Plains of Abraham above Quebec, which eventually resulted in the end of the Colony of New France in North America.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Family of Francois Seguin and Jeanne Petit

Francois Seguin dit Laderoute and Jeanne Petit were, as indicated below, the 8th great grandparents of my wife June.
Francois Seguin dit Laderoute (1644 - 1704)
8th great grandfather of wife
son of Francois Seguin dit Laderoute
daughter of Joseph Seguin dit Laderoute
daughter of Marie Anne Jeanne Seguin dit Laderoute
son of Marie Francoise Mesny
son of Louis Billiau dit Lesperance
son of Olivier Billiau dit Lesperance
daughter of Olivier Lesperance
daughter of Marie Josephine Lesperance
daughter of Émilie (Millie) Meloche

daughter of Gladys Gervais

Francois Seguin (4 Jul 1644, St Aubin-en-Bray, France - c. 1701, Quebec) married Jeanne Petit (1656, LaRochelle, France - 29 Mar 1733, Longueuil, Quebec) on Monday, 31 Oct 1672, at the Church of Ste Famille, Boucherville, Quebec.

The following is an extract from the register of baptisms, marriages, and burials of the parish of St Aubin-en-Bray, at St Aubin-en-Bray, France, and gives the date of Francois' baptism and the names of his parents and godfather and godmother:

Francois Seguin fils de Laurent Seguin et de Marie Massieu a este [le] 4e jour de juillet 1644 et a pour son parrein Francois Oudin et pour sa marreine Jehanne Dufour.

An account of Francois Seguin's life continues with the excerpt previously mentioned as being authored by Robert-Lionel Seguin.

Francois Seguin, who is six years of age at the time of his mother's death, will be taken in by his maternal grandparents with whom he lives until old enough to choose a trade. At that time [Dec 1644], troops are being levied by [the] regiment de Carignan for service in Nouvelle France [New France] to wage war against the Iroquois Indian Nation composed of Mohawks, Oneidas, Sencecas, Onandagas, and Cayugas]. Francois, who is 20 years of age, joins the company of Monsieur [Captain Pierre] de St Ours [1640-1724] and embarks aboard the St Sebastien [ship] [on 13 May 1665 at LaRochelle], landing at Quebec, on 12 Sep 1665. The soldiers of that company will spend the following winter at the fort of Saurel (Sorel), at the mouth of the Richelieu River.

After three years of war, the company is finally discharged. As a reward, the officers are granted land with the title of seigneurs. Monsieur de St Ours [Sieur de L'Echaillon] was allocated a seigneurie on the Richelieu River and Francois Seguin obtains a fief on his officer's land. Later, Monsieur de St Ours, who finds he has financial trouble in his seigneurie, is designated by the governor to levy troops for the defense of Montreal [known at that time as Ville Marie] and he reorganizes his company. Many of his former soldiers join him, including Francois, who is still unmarried. He remains in garrison with his company for a few months but then returns to his farm at St Ours. [On 14 Sep 1671, at Boucherville, Francois leases for two years, a piece of land 50 arpents in area, belonging to Robert Henry. He also acquires a house to live in on the condition that he cut and clear two arpents of the land per year.] By trade, Francois was a weaver as were most of the residents of Beauvais, his native province. Therefore, whenever his farm work allows him free time and whenever there is a demand by the local peasants for his trade, he works as a weaver.

He must have dreamed of settling along the St Lawrence River because on 22 Sep 1672, he exchanges his farm at St Ours for that of Pierre Chaperon in Boucherville. [The new farm consists of two arpents in frontage by 25 arpents deep, and four square arpents have already been cleared. It is bordered on either side by the lots of Gilbert Guilleman dit Duvaillars, former surgeon of the Carignan Regment, and Pierre Bourgery. On this same occasion, for the price of 85 livres, he also purchases a lot of one square half-arpent on which is situated a "barn which is found built there."] The deed is signed before the notary Thomas Frerot and it is followed by the sale of two or three lots from that same farm. His business transactions still leave him some time to do some socializing.

In fact, visiting a fille du roi, living with the Sisters of the Congregation, takes some of his time. Her name is Jeanne Petit, daughter of Jean Petit and of Jeanne Godreau, native of the parish St Marguerite in the [western port] city of La Rochelle [France].

On 10 Feb, 1671, several months before the arrival of a new ship carrying eligible young women, Colbert writes to Talon, informing him:

I have also ordered that you be sent certification of the places where the girls are from, which will clearly make known that they are free and of marriageable state.

Jeanne Petit, the daughter of Jean Petit and Jeanne Gaudreau, in our family genealogy, was one of these "Daughters of the King". Born in 1656, she was from the parish of Ste Marguerite in the town of LaRochelle, in the historic province of Aunis on the west coast of France. Possibly she was from a poor family but both she and her parents saw an opportunity for her to better herself through the king's dowry, or perhaps she was an orphan as some of the young women were. During the year 1671, Jeanne was one of 125 women to make the voyage across the Atlantic, and was among the 19 who went to the Montreal region. After her arrival in Quebec on the ship L'Esperance, Jeanne likely was taken in under the protectorship of the Montreal-based Sisters of the Congregation of Notre-Dame (who had arrived in 1653 under Soeur Marguerite Bourgeoys), until a prospective husband might propose to her. It is unlikely that the Ursuline Nuns (who had arrived in 1636 and were under the direction of Soeur Marie Guyard de Incarnation) cared for her since they were based in Quebec City.

Francois must have met Jeanne during this period and developed a love interest in her because on Wednesday, 21 Sep 1692, a marriage contract was drawn up between the two of them by the notary, Thomas Frerot. This was done the day before he exchanged his farm at St Ours for the one in Boucherville. It becomes apparent that Francois met and courted Jeanne, proposed marriage to her, had the contract drawn up, and then made the exchange of farms with the intent of settling in Boucherville with his future bride. The unusual aspect of their engagement is that when the filles du roi arrived in Quebec and were allowed to disembark in groups at Quebec City, Trois Rivieres, and Montreal, they were normally married within two weeks. This quick matrimonial process occurred because the women would be taken during that period to a hall where they could be observed and addressed by the soldiers or habitants. The filles du roi however, would question the men as to whether they had land, if any of it had been cleared, and if they owned livestock. The women held the upper hand and made the final decision as to whether they would consent to marriage. Since Jeanne was born in 1656 and arrived in 1671, but did not become engaged until Sep 1672, one might speculate that she was sheltered by the nuns for at least a nine month period until she turned 16.

The original marriage contract is on file in the Judicial Archives of Montreal and reads in French (complete with spelling errors):

[Signatures or the marks of the persons in attendance who are named above appear at the bottom of the document. Francois initially signs his name simply as "Laderoute" but draws a line through it and then writes
"Francois Seguin."]

One month and ten days following the notarization of the marriage contract (similar to a marriage license application and a promise to marry), the wedding day arrives. Seven years have passed since Francois first landed in Nouvelle France as a soldier with the Carignan Regiment. On 31 Oct 1672, Francois Seguin dit Laderoute, the son of Laurent Seguin and Marie Massieu, marries Jeanne Petit, daughter of Jean Petit and Jeanne Gaudreau. The ceremony is performed by a missionary priest, Fr Pierre de Caumont, at Ste Famille (Holy Family) parish in Boucherville, Quebec. According to Laforest, typically when a filles du roi would marry, "...the newly married couple was given 50 livres to buy provisions, plus an ox and a cow, two pigs, a pair of chickens, two barrels of salt meat, and 11 crowns of money. This was supposed to give the newlyweds a start. Together this couple of Francois and Jeanne forms Generation II of the Seguin family line.

The parish register of Ste Famille carries the marriage entry:

In the year of Our Lord, 1672, the 3lst of the month of October, after the proclamation of banns during three feast days at the celebration of the parish mass, having met no impediments, Pierre de Caumont, a missionary priest doing curial functions at Boucherville, after having done the necessary requests and interrogations to Francois Seguin, inhabitant of Boucherville, son of Laurent Seguin and of Marie Massieu, parish of Dombre in Picardie, diocese of Beauvais, and to Jeanne Petit, daughter of Jean Petit and of Jeanne Gaudreau, Ste Marguerite parish, town and diocese of LaRochelle, after having received their mutual consent, I, Pierre de Caumont, a missionary priest, married them in presence of known witnesses. /s/ Boucher, Remy, Jean la Fond

[The signatures of three witnesses who are present - Boucher, Remy, and Jean la Fond - appear at the bottom of the document. Seigneur Pierre Boucher for whom Boucherville is named and his wife, Jeanne Crevier, are notable witnesses to the ceremony, and shows the consideration he had for Francois.]

On 25 Jan 1673, Francois sold the land he had acquired from Pierre Chaperon to Francois Senecal, a servant of seigneur Boucher. On this farm was "a house not completed." On 4 Apr 1673, Seigneur Boucher listed the 38 land grantees and Francois figured among them. He lived on a piece of land of 50 arpents (2 x 25 mentioned earlier), flanked by the lands of Jacques Menard and Pierre Martin. On 2 Jun 1675, Francois leased from Francois Pillet "a four year old brown cow valued at 60 lvres, which required Francois to feed the cow and any offspring and to pay Mr Pillet 12 livres per year. In the census of 1681, Francois declares his occupation to be a weaver, and with his wife, gives the names and ages of their first four children. On 10 Oct 1683, he leased a cow belonging to Denis Veronneau. On 24 Nov 1698, Francois sold his concession of 50 arpents [with a poor building upon it] to Jean Baptiste Lamoureux for 850 livres. Apparently immediate payment was made in 400 livres in playing card money, 200 in assorted merchandise, and 60 by the value of 20 minots of wheat. The remainder was due on the next feast of St Jean Baptiste, 24 Jun 1699. (The feast of St Jean Baptiste must have been a major holiday then even as it is today in Quebec.) On 15 Apr 1700, Francois and Jeanne are granted by Madame de la Valtrie the privilege of living on a strip of wooded land on the Ile Grosbois, along the channel. It is two arpents wide and deep [as far as the tip of the island, across from l'ile aux Raisins.] Francois, in addition to giving two work days each autumn, was required to take care of the donor's two cows. He and Jeanne lived together on this land until death. Francois originally was thought to have died 9 May 1704 in Montreal and buried on 10 May 1704 under the name of Pierre Seguin. Later research however, disclosed that marriage contracts of his daughter, Marie Madeleine, to Antoine Marie dit Ste Marie on 20 Nov 1700 (when Francois is shown as absent due to health reasons), and daughter, Marie Jeanne, to Joseph Robidou on 10 Oct 1701 (when Jeanne Petit is listed as a widow) prove that he did not die in 1704, but rather in the period of 20 Nov 1700 - 10 Oct 1701. His place of burial is unknown.

On 19 Mar 1713, Jeanne gave the concession of the Ile Grosbois, which she and Francois had originally received in Apr 1700, to Marie Anne Margane, the widow of Ignace Boucher. Jeanne then moved to Lachenaie to live with the third oldest of her children, Francois, who was 35 years old and married to Marie Louise Feuillon. Jeanne died on Sunday, 29 Mar 1733, and was buried in Longueuil, a community on the east side of Montreal.

On an interesting note, the author, Thomas J. Laforest, states in his book, Our French-Canadian Ancestors (Volume XXV):

When Pierre de Saint-Ours, former officer of the Carignan Regiment, drew up his will in 1704, he bequeathed "in case of death" 400 livres to the soldiers whom he had previously commanded. The name of Francois was mentioned in the list of beneficiaries. The seigneur died in 1724. [It is apparent that Saint-Ours was unaware of Francois' death which had already occurred around 1701.]


Saturday, August 16, 2014

Les premiers colons de Québec.

Texte de la plaque
Les premiers colons de Québec.


Ils ont été à la peine: qu'ils soient à l'honneur.

Louis Hébert (1617)-Marie Rollet;
Guillaume Couillard (1618)-M.-Guillemette Hébert;
Abraham Martin-Marguerite Langlois;
Nicolas Marcolet-Marie Le Barbier;
Nicolas Pivert-Marguerite Lesage;
Pierre Desportes-Françoise Langlois;
Étienne Jonquest-Anne Hébert;
Olivier Le Tardif-Louise Couillard;
Jean Nicolet-Marguerite Couillard;
Noël Morin-Hélène Desportes;
Noël Langlois-Françoise Garnier;
Guillaume Hubou-Marie Rollet;
Robert Giffard (1634)-Marie Renouard;
Guillaume Fournier-Marie Fse Hébert;
Jean Guyon-Mathurine Robin;
Jean Guyon-Madeleine Boulé;
Jean Bourdon-Jacqueline Potel;
François Marguerie-Louise Cloutier;
Zacharie Cloutier-Xaintès Dupont;
Jean Côté-Anne Martin;
Gaspard Boucher-Nicolas Le Maire;
Philippe Amyot-Anne Convent;
Jean-Paul Godefroy-Madeleine Le Gardeur;
Jean-Baptiste Godefroy-Marie Le Neuf;
Mobin Boucher-Perrine Mallet;
Sébastien Dodier-Marie Bonhomme;
Pierre de la Porte-Anne Voyer;
Jean Juchereau-Marie Langlois;
Jean Sauvaget; Anne Dupuis;
Guillaume Isabel-Catherine Dodier;
Robert Drouin-Anne Cloutier;
Louis-Henri Pinguet-Louise-Boucher;
Pierre Delauney-Françoise Pinguet;
François Aubert-Anne Fauconnier;
Pierre Le Gardeur (1638)-Marie Favery;
Charles Le Gardeur-Geneviève Juchereau;
Jacques Le Neuf-Marguerite Le Gardeur;
Robert Caron-Marie Crevet;
François Bélanger-Marie Gagnon;
Claude Poulin-Jeanne Mercier;
Jacques Hertel-Marguerite Marguerie;
Antoine Brassard-Françoise Méry;
Étienne Racine-Marguerite Martin;
RMaheu-Marguerite Corriveau;
Jacques Maheu-Anne Convent;
Louis Sédillot-Marie Grimoult;
François de Chavigny-Eléon. de Grandmaison.