Sunday, October 2, 2016

DNA, Mercier

 
 

Amount of Shared DNA

19.0 centimorgans shared across 2 DNA segments

Ethnicity

Regions: Great Britain, Europe West, Ireland, Scandinavia
Trace Regions: Italy/Greece, Finland/Northwest Russia, Middle East, Europe East, Iberian Peninsula, Caucasus 
 
Sep 27, 2016 1_philweiler
Shared ancestor
Catherine Mercier is listed in my family tree as my 4th great-grandmother. My email is philweiler@live.com if you wish to correspond on this matter outside the Ancestry system.

Phil, Catherine was my wife June's 3rd great-grandmother. June and I live in Kingston, Ontario, however, she was born in the Windsor, Ontario area. Her line of the Gervais family settled in the Stoney Point, Ontario area, although a number of them moved to the USA and changed their name to Jarvis. If you are interested, I did put together some information on June's Gervais ancestors, but have nothing on your other lines. Hope this finds you well. Regads, June and Jim Hueglin.

Philip Weiler

Thanks for this response. My wife Barbara and I now live in San Diego CA, but our roots were in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. My data on this particular line of my ancestry is pretty sketchy: names, spouses’ names, and some general background. According to this data, Catherine Mercier’s parents were married in “Soulange” (I believe, near Montreal) on August 25, 1786. She was born four years later, and was married to Jean Baptiste Gervais (place and date unknown). A daughter, Clothilde Blandine Gervais dit Rochefort was born to this couple in 1821. My record goes on to list this child as having been married in 1840 to Joseph Zepharine Marcotte in “Beauhamois” (likely the Montreal-related community), and having died in 1898 in Inver Grove, MN. That gets that line to our territory, for Inver Grove is a suburb of St. Paul MN, where I was born four generations later, in 1931. My records indicate that this couple had 18 children (all listed by name). One of them, Josephine/Alphonsine, married Etienne Tallon (anglicized to Stephen Tylum), a French immigrant from Nice, in the St. Paul area, and they became my great-great-grandparents. One of their children, Julia Belle Tylum, was my paternal great-grandmother, and I knew her as a child.

So anything more you can supply to flesh out this data (or perhaps correct it) would be interesting to me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: